This traditional Cypriot cake is very easy to make and can be enjoyed for breakfast or as a mid-morning snack with coffee!
- 1 halloumi, finely grated
- 5 eggs
- 3 tbsp dried mint
- 150ml oil
- 240ml milk
- 220gr of self-raising flour
- 100 gr of sultanas
- Preheat your oven to 180℃.
- In a big bowl mix all the ingredients together, the mix will be quite wet don’t be tempted to add more flour!
- Line or grease your tin, you can use a long loaf tin or a round bundt cake tin.
- Pour mixture in and bake for approximately 1 hour.
- The top of the cake should be a golden brown colour and will double in size. Check it is done by inserting a toothpick in the middle which should come out clean.