Languages United is committed to providing a supportive and caring environment for all of its students, both adults and juniors.
The school understands that under-18s require special care to ensure their safety at all times throughout their stay with the school; that 16 and 17 year olds, who have greater independence, should be treated differently too and be given more freedom; and equally that some adult students may require additional support and advice.
Languages United has robust safeguarding policies and procedures in place to care for its students. This includes:
- checking the suitability of staff and homestay providers to make sure they are suitable to work with children;
- ensuring that staff and students understand what is acceptable behaviour and what is not allowed;
- training staff to identify when a student might need support or guidance;
- putting the students' safety first when running activities, and making sure they are adequately supervised;
- giving students the information they need to stay safe;
- making sure that students know who to speak to if there is a problem.
For further information, the following documents detail our policies and how we implement them:
Abusive Behaviour Policy
Child Protection Policy
Safeguarding Reporting and Complaints Procedure
Staff Recruitment Policy
Staff Code of Conduct
Homestay Provider Code of Conduct